Wednesday, March 2, 2011

So Many Gloves

Upon discovery of the wonderful world of Etsy...I was browsing the many stores and crafty things when I stumbled upon the world of crocheted fingerless gloves. I loved them! I wanted some! But I couldn't afford them! I could however afford $3 yarn and a $2 crochet hook. Learning to crochet took many many youtube tutorials curtosy of the wonderful Theresa and remembering the basics of what my grandmother taught me as a little girl when she attempted to teach me how to crochet. (At that age crochet was simply too boring and time consuming when there was mud outside to play with.) Another problem was my inability to read "crochet patterns" which look something like this:
Rnd 1: 6 sc in 2nd ch from hook. Rnd 2: 2 Sc in each sc around – 12 sc. Rnd 3: [Sc in next sc, 2 sc in next sc] 6 times – 18 sc. Rnd 4: [Sc in next 2 sc, 2 sc in next sc] 6 times – 24 sc. Rnd 5: [Sc in next 3 sc, 2 sc in next sc] 6times – 30 sc. Rnds 6-12: Sc in each sc around. Rnd 13: [Dec] 15 times – 15 sc. Neck-Rnd 14: [Sc in next 3 sc, dec] 3 times – 12 sc. Rnd 15: Sc in each sc around. Stuff head. Rnd 16: [Sc in next 5 sc, inc] twice – 14 sc. Rnd 17: [Sc in next 6 sc, inc] twice – 16 sc. Rnd 18: [Sc in next 7 sc, inc] twice – 18 sc. Rnds 19 and 20: Sc in each sc around. Body-Rnd 21: [Sc in next 2 sc, inc] 6 times – 24 sc. Rnds 22-30: Sc in each sc around. Rnd 31: [Dec] 12 times – 12 sc. Rnd 32: [Dec] 6 times – 6 sc. Fasten off. Finish stuffing. Weave yarn tail through remaining 6 sc, draw up firmly to gather; fasten securely. LEG (Make 4): With A, ch 2.

which is pretty much greek to me. And I was too lazy to try and learn how to speak the language of crochet. So....I studied pictures of fingerless gloves and crocheted my little heart out and after a few failed attempts and styles I decided I didn't like...I eventually came up with this:Which I proceeded to make a in few different colors:And then while browsing my local JoAnn's...I found the most amazing yarn EVER. It's called Sensations Angel Hair Boucle Yarn and it's the softest thing my hands have ever touched. I imediately decided that I wanted gloves out of it, and since there was a sale...I bought two colors. :)
I had to alter my pattern a bit because there was less yarn in these "sceins" than the Simply Soft yarn I'd been buying at Walmart...but It worked out beautifully.
If you like what you see...you can buy these from me on Etsy.com HERE. :) Or you can simply enjoy the awesomeness of these gloves. haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment