Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Clutter Problem

Sooooo this is my "Arts and Crafts Room" also known in my house as the "Pit". There is literally so much STUFF packed into this tiny room that you have to be an acrobat just to get across it. There's actually even an exercise bike in there somewhere...

The sad part is...when the picture was taken, it's gotten a lot better. I cleaned and organized a bunch in there...and it still looks like this. Kinda discouraging. You can tell there's been several different attempts at organizing...they never work.

And then there's just random stuff that isn't even mine (such as Dad's pinball machine backglass sitting up against one wall for no aparent reason) cluttering up the place.


That's supposed to be John Travolta...but I honestly don't see it.


The walls of this room are white, boring, and drab. The carpet is brown, like dirt in my backyard. The ceiling is actually the same ceiling tiles that my HIGHSCHOOL classrooms had. All-in-all, this room stifles any creativity whatsoever.

I get so claustrophobic in this room with all the STUFF, that it's too overwhelming to try and clean by myself. I just don't know where to start. I've tried starting in one corner and working my way into the room but stuff is so strewn about that it's impossible to start in one corner.
I've tried organizing certain groups of things at a time (fabric, paper, stamps, photos...) but that also ends in disaster.


My temporary fix? Not even using the room at all (unless I need something from it, that's the only reason I will risk my life entering the abyss)....I moved my crafts across the hall to the "media room" or "the room with the giant tv and all our old couches".

Dad is not pleased.



This is before I cleaned it. It actually looks much better now. I'm not gonna turn it into a second Pitt. :P



I wish my art room looked like this:


1 comment:

  1. Clutter problem make us upset and sometimes it gets too much serious problem for us so that we need a professional organization to arrange everything so perfectly.

    Office Organizer Services

    ReplyDelete